Cable Detection ( cat & genny) This is a part classroom and part practical course, course, the trainer will need access to suitable ground with hidden utilities. From £450 for up to 8 people Duration is approximately 4 hours
- Reasons for using buried pipe & cable locators – Understanding health, safety & financial implications including guidance on how to comply with HSG47 – Avoiding Danger From Underground Services. Other National Legislation & company policy documentation will be discussed. Examples of “getting it wrong” will be demonstrated & discussed.
- Buried Service Plans (STATS) – Operatives will learn how to interpret & understand different types of service plans.
- Electromagnetic Theory – How a pipe & cable locator works, theory & limitations, tips & tricks. A session on “myth busting” will help operatives understand what the equipment can and cannot locate.
- Controls & operation – Correct use of C.A.T4 & Genny4 in all modes, with strong emphasis on Genny use & checking equipment is functioning correctly.
- C.A.T4 – Interpretation of the signal and how to locate service joints, changes of direction/depth. Strike Alert, uses & how to disable.
- Genny4 – Benefits of dual frequency, applications & how to use the Genny to locate small and/or non earthed cables using capacitance. How to effectively earth the Genny4 and different methods including earth positioning. Blind Induction search and effective nulling of services.
There will be a theory test following the course; on passing the course a certificate will be issued with is valid for 3 years